- This warranty only extends to the original purchaser and is not
- User and C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. mutually agree the battery is
the proper size, design and capacity for the duty it is to perform and
will not be required to perform in excess of this agreed value.
- Install and maintain each battery in accordance with the C&D
TECHNOLOGIES, INC. Installation and Operation Manual, section 7-710, and
Instruction and Maintenance Guide, RS-124, shipped with every battery,
as may be amended from time to time.
- Always perform capacity tests in accordance with BCI specification
BCI-I-2, or most recent revision. This test may require C&D
TECHNOLOGIES, INC. supervision in the event of a warranty claim.
- Limit batteries to one cycle of discharge and recharge (cycle) per
day and no more than 300 cycles per calendar year. It should not be
discharged more than 80 percent of the rated six hour capacity as
determined by a BDI (battery discharge indicator).
- Charge battery on a properly sized, automatic, logic controlled,
regulated charger as set forth in BCI standard BCI-1-4, or most recent
revision. Recharge must be accomplished during the same 24 hour period
described in item 6 above.
- Maintain records on the operating and physical conditions of the
battery for all six years of service life. Records must verify the
proper operating conditions as described and recommended in the manual.
- Do not allow the electrolyte temperature of batteries to exceed 115F
(46.1C) or drop below 45F (7.2C).
- Do not continue use of batteries after discovery of a defect.
- Allow C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. representatives access to equipment
for inspection at reasonable hours and intervals.
- C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. is not responsible for costs to remove or
install batteries or for consequential, incidental, special, indirect,
and punitive damages.
- All allegedly defective cells or batteries are subject to return to
C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. for analysis, F.O.B. destination, freight
prepaid and allowed for evaluation.
- This warranty is void if the battery becomes unserviceable due to
fire, wreckage, freezing, neglect, violation of conditions set forth
above, acts of God, use of battery additives or if the battery has been
serviced by other than C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. or its
- THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED. User shall indemnify and hold C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
harmless from any claims and liabilities arising out of the use,
maintenance, transportation, or installation of any equipment warranted
hereunder. C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. MAKES TO WARRANTY OF
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOS, AND IN NO EVENT
SHALL C&D TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT,
INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUANTIAL DAMAGES. ANY LIABILITY WILL BE
LIMITED TO THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE ITEM.